Monday, May 7, 2007

New Music

John Prine is one of my musical heroes. John has a new CD out with Mac Wiseman. It's called "Standard Songs for Average People". Link here for John's website and a list of reviews of the new CD.

Son Volt is touring the Western Carolinas in support of their new CD "The Search".

5/15 at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC
5/16 at the Visulite in Charlotte, NC
6/16 at the Handlebar in Greenville, SC

Click here for new video of Son Volt live in California late March.

Elizabeth Cook's brand new CD, "Balls", has been released. It was produced by the one and only Rodney Crowell. I've heard some of Elizabeth's earlier work and I like it well enough but this CD really stands out from the crowed. Good stuff here if you like good old twangy country, and I do! Here is a slightly twisted video of the title track from youtube.

May 30 Elizabeth will be at the Handlebar in Greenville, South Carolina.


Chris Knight's new/old CD is out. I was slow catching on to the Chris Knight band wagon. Don't really know how I missed it but I did. Then I heard "William's Son" and it really got my attention. I found lots on the last CD to peek my interest and this lead me back to the song "William". I was hooked. Now the new release takes us back to where it all began in 1996. That year Chris Knight sat down in his trailer and recorded some songs. Most of these songs were not released on the later studio stuff. I'm glad they went back and released this stuff. If you like simple, down to earth Americana this is it.

No comments: